LIVE Auction will be held Thursday, November 30th at 12 Noon - Central
205 Eastside Square
Huntsville, AL 35801
Fowler Auction is proud to offer this eminent commercial building located within the courthouse square via public auction.
The Elbert H. Parsons Law Library offers a myriad of opportunities. Please make an opportunity to visit this building as well as marking your calendar to participate in the auction.
Share this Auction
EXCELLENT COMMERCIAL OPPORTUNITY IN HIGH PROFILE SECTOR OF DOWNTOWN SQUARE, HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA
This beautiful building fondly remembered as "Elbert H. Parsons Law Library" offers many memories for the senior genre of Madison County. It's located across the street from the courthouse and is surrounded by office buildings, law offices, an art gallery, restaurants & more. It's convenient to the Von Braun Center, Early Works Children's History Museum, Big Spring Park and many other downtown Huntsville attractions.
Call us now to personally inspect this 3-story building with its façade finished in white glazed terra cotta that will definitely contribute to a masterful refurbishment. One must see in-person to visualize all this facility has to offer.
The Building . . .
- Has beautiful hardwood floors on all levels
- The 2nd & 3rd floors each have (5) one-over one sash windows (3rd floor is slightly smaller than the 2nd)
- Has two restrooms on each level
- Has an unfinished basement and mezzanine with office space
- Has an outside fire escape
- Stands above the other connected buildings
- Is conveniently located within the high profile business district of Downtown Huntsville
- Offers a myriad of opportunities
Measurements . . .
- Basement: 3,564 SF± (96x36±)
- First Floor: 3,564 SF± (96x36±)
- Messanine: 1,188 SF± (33x36±)
- Second Floor: 3,564 SF± (96x36±)
- Third Floor: 3,564 SF± (96x36±)
- Total heated square footage: 15,444 SF±
A little history about this building we know as "The Elbert H. Parsons Law Library"…
- The building was originally occupied by May And Cooney Dry Goods until 1931. J.C. Penney took occupancy in 1934 until 1966.
- The street level has an arch decorated with a line of bay leaf clusters surrounded by alternating green and red blocks. The inside of the arch was converted from a storefront to large glass panes with a single central entrance during a renovation in 1973. The building is topped with a projecting course of bay leaf garland and a set of (5) colored panels placed in line with the windows and a corbel cornice with several rows of geometric designs.
- A few passé features that remain include a gated elevator and the "coin changer" used by J.C. Penney sales clerks that's located in the basement.
- J.C. Penney left this location in 1966 when the building was purchased by Madison County Commission and renovated to become a public law library.
- Edgar Love was the architect of this unique building.
· Historic resource: Wikipedia
Please call Mickey Fowler or Daniel Culps to inquire further at (256) 420-4454 or to schedule a private viewing.
Thursday, November 30th, 2017 at 12 Noon, CDT.
Prebidding is open now. The high bid at auction time will be the opening bid for the LIVE auction.
Real Estate: A 6% Buyer's Premium will be added to the highest bid to arrive at the total purchase price. A non-refundable deposit of 10% (escrow money) is required auction day with the balance due on or before 30 days. The closing fees are the buyer's responsibility.
SERVER, SOFTWARE TECHNICAL OR INTERNET ISSUES: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, or any other online auction-related technologies, reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. NEITHER THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE SOFTWARE NOR FOWLER AUCTION & REAL ESTATE SERVICE, INC. SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR A MISSED BID OR THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY FOR ANY REASON. Email notifications will be sent to registered bidders with updated information as deemed necessary by Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc.
Disclaimers & Absence of Warranties:
* Facility may contain lead-base paint; prospective buyer(s) may inspect 10 days prior to auction day at the sole expense of the prospective buyer.
* Information contained herein believed to be accurate but not guaranteed by Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc.
* In all transactions, the Auctioneers are acting as agents for the Seller only. Property will be sold 'As Is, Where Is' with no guarantees,expressed or implied, by Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc.
* All decisions of the Auctioneers are final.
Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc. reserves the right to reject any and all bids for any reason prior to the close of bidding.
Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc. reserves the right to cancel this auction, or remove any item or lot from this auction prior to the close of bidding.
Bidder Verification: The identity of all bidders will be verified, bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc. will reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated. The Seller and Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc. reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person's credentials, mental fitness, etc.
Bidder responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Bidders agree to keep his/her username and password confidential as each individual is responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving his/her account. If your USER NAME is offensive to Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc., then we reserve the right to terminate your bidding.
When using the web site you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of web site use privileges. Auction company employees and/or auction company may bid on this auction. We gather aggregate information from this web site which may include but is not limited to: number of page visitors, most visited pages, any and all correspondence.
DEFAULT: If purchases are not settled by the specified closing/pick up day, it will be considered in default. Upon default the bidder will be black listed/blocked from bidding on Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc.'s auctions, as well as MarkNet Alliance auctions and may be charged 10% of bid price or $500, whichever is greater. All defaulted items may be offered to the next highest qualified bidder at the discretion of Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc.
Any dispute between Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc., its Agents or Representatives, and the Buyer(s) will be tried in a court of jurisdiction in Madison County, Alabama (or county designated by Fowler Auction). By bidding on the property, buyer agrees to all terms and conditions set forth.
Buyer and or Bidder agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Fowler Auction & Real Estate Service, Inc. and its Agents and its Representatives from any and all claims, damages or suits including but not limited to awards, judgments, costs, fees, etc.
205 Eastside Square · Huntsville, Alabama across from the courthouse.
Watch for Fowler Auction signs!